Wednesday, May 22, 2013

It's Hot!

Scripture of the day:

They will never again be hungry or thirsty; they will never be scorched by the heat of the sun. (Revelation 7:16 NLT)

As I was leaving work today, I spoke to the security guard whom I often speak to and I asked, "Is it still really hot out or did the heat break?" We usually have small talk but today he had a lot to say... He said, "Naw, it's still hot," and as I was walking away he said, "You know, a lot of people can't take this heat.. That's how you know we weren't made for the lake of fire..." He went on to tell me about Jesus and redemption.. And the importance of repentance... And he spoke with a loud truthful boldness that made me think... Dang, you right.. I'm so glad I'm saved... Jesus is so good and hell is so bad....

People complain that winter is too cold and summer is too hot but we fail to realize that the change in temperature is just a foreshadow/ warning/ sneak peek of what the Lord can do.

Challenge:

Remember that their are two paths.

Life.
Death.

For those who choose life, uncomfortable situations, hunger, thirst, hot sun, will only last for a second and is nothing compared to the glory we share in Christ Jesus. For those who choose death, uncomfortable situations can and will magnify and intensify.

No comments:

Post a Comment