Sunday, April 7, 2013

Let it Go

Destroy this temple and in 3 days I'll raise it up.

.... The Jews asked for a miraculous sign.. Jesus responded... destroy this temple and in 3 days I will raise it up. Yes, resurrection is miraculous, but there's another sign in that statement. Love.

If someone threatened to destroy me or something of mine... I would respond... Hurt me, I'll hurt you back, but Jesus said, destroy this temple and in 3 days I'll raise it up... That's like saying... Bust my windshield and I'll go buy another one... Or slap me and I'll take a Tylenol.. Take from me and I'll go buy another one.

The Word challenges us to not make ourselves whole when we are wronged, but to bless our offender.

We see Christ doing this... Destroy this temple and in 3 days I will raise it up... Say I'm not God and in 3 days I'll show you I am (mercy and hope for the nonbeliever)... Take life from me and I'll give you everlasting life.

Scripture of the day:

"To you who are ready for the truth, I say this: Love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer for that person. If someone slaps you in the face, stand there and take it. If someone grabs your shirt, giftwrap your best coat and make a present of it. If someone takes unfair advantage of you, use the occasion to practice the servant life. No more tit-for-tat stuff. Live generously. (Luke 6:27-30 MSG)

Evangelical challenge:

Go out of your way to bless someone who wrongs you.

No comments:

Post a Comment